Therefore, I decided to provide an easy to follow instruction to you all. Everything you need to install Honeycomb preview into your Nook Color can be found here.
WARNING: Everything in your Nook Color will be erased using this method. If you don't want that, you may want to try installing it using the SD method (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=936995)
Let me say right up front that I DID NOT create this hack. All credits go to:
- deeper-blue: He/She is the one who achieves the impossible by porting the preview SDK to Nook Color. You can (and should) read more about it at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=936995
- samuelhalff: He came up with the eMMC installation. I have tried the SD installation method numerous times, wasted over $100 to try various SD card, but failed to install Honeycomb to my Nook Color. Until I gave the eMMC method a try. It gave me Honeycomb in 10 minutes. Read more about it at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=947071
- thecubed: He/She created the bootable Clockwork SD Card. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=959240
Ok, here we go. Here are what you need to install the Honeycomb to your Nook Color:
- A Windows PC (I use Win7 64bit, but other versions should be ok)
- Two microSD cards. Both needs to be at least 128Mb.
- Download this zip file: http://www.fileserve.com/file/ZqGshc2
- Download the software WinImage from: http://www.winimage.com/
- Format both microSD cards (FAT32). Put 1 into your media reader.
- Install WinImage
- Unzip the zip file you download from step 3 above. You will see 2 files: 128mb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.img, and HC-v4-emmc-2nd-edition.zip.
- Run WinImage as an administrator
- Choose Disk -> Restore Virtual Hard Disk Image on physical drive ...
- Select your microSD card (DON'T CHOOSE THE WRONG DRIVE)
- Click OK
- Then select the file 128mb_clockwork-0.1-ext4.img
- Wait for the disk image to be written
- When it's done, close WinImage.
- Eject the first microSD card, and put in the second one.
- Copy the file HC-v4-emmc-2nd-edition.zip to the second microSD card.
- Insert the first microSD card into your Nook Color.
- Reboot your Nook Color. It will boot into the command line Clockwork Recovery.
- Use the volume buttons of the Nook Color to select the "mounts and storage" option, then press the Nook's "N" button
- Use the volume buttons to select format /system, /data, and /cache (press the "N" button to format each partition.)
- In the same menu, make sure /system and /data aren't mounted
- DO NOT REBOOT. Eject the SD card out, then put in the second SD card.
- Mount the sdcard
- Press the power button of the Nook Color to go back to the main menu
- Choose "backup and restore", then press the "N" button
- Choose "choose zip from sdcard", then press the "N" button
- Use the volume buttons to select the file HC-v4-emmc-2nd-edition.zip, the press the "N" button
- WAIT until the installation finishes
- Reboot your Nook Color
- Congratulation, your have installed the Honeycomb preview into your Nook Color!